220 East A Street, Upland, CA 91786
Hours Of Operation
Place your order today! 909.608.1244
"TASTE AND SEE THAT THE LORD IS GOOD" PSALM 34:8
Sweet Obsession Cheesecakes seeks motivated, energetic, positive, and efficient baking assistant. If your enthusiastic about baking, cake decorating, and preparing one of a kind decadent cheesecakes and pastries then Sweet Obsession Cheesecake Cafe is the place for you! Qualified candidate will work closely with the Head Baker to ensure satisfactory production of Cheesecakes and pastries. Candidate must also demonstrate good communication skills and the ability to multi-task.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties and task may be assigned):
* General function to support baking line operations, mixing and packaging the finished product.
* Prepares Bakery department for store opening and closing.
* May be responsible for quality control, ordering and checking-in product orders.
* Bakery production preparing machines, trays, racks, and product for production.
* General assisting in the decorating area, finishing and baking products by hand and with machine assistance.
* Assist Head Baker with cake decorating, packaging, shrink wrapping, slicing/cutting, and overseeing finished product.
* Must have the ability to work with a team or independently in an accurate and timely manner.
* Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously within established timelines.
* Responsible for managing kitchen waste and variances.
* Follow established quality and safety procedures.
* Must maintain a clean workspace and ensure baking area is thoroughly cleaned.
* Responsible for washing dishes and maintaining overall store cleanliness.
* May participate in inventories,ordering, and daily restocking of materials and product for storage room and displays.
* Maintains awareness of current ads, promotions, holidays and events.
* Demonstrates familiarity with products in the department, with the ability to continue learning.
* Support your team in keeping the cafe running smoothly and beautifully, and prepares cafe for store opening and closing. These task may vary but can include washing dishes, cleaning and sanitizing work areas, utensils, equipment, clearing dishes, organizing condiment station, sweeping, dusting, mopping, cleaning work areas and restrooms, and taking out trash.
* Must be reliable and trustworthy.
* Basic math and computer skills required.
* Must be willing to be crossed trained on all positions.
* Cake decorating experience preferred.
* Previous customer service, food service experience preferred.
* Knowledge of weights, measurements, and volume.
* Skills to exercise good judgment at all times.
* Must be able to pass backgound test.
* Must maintain a valid Food Handler's Certification for duration of employment.
* Must have the ability to retain and protect confidential material.
* Ability to learn quickly with strong interpersonal skills and ability to multitask.
* Self-motivated, with high attention to detail, quality and presentation.
* Maintains regular and consistent attendance, punctuality and adhere to dress code standards..
* Practice positive personal hygiene and cleanliness habits during all work shifts.
* Available to work at least 20 hours a week, open to a flexible schedule that includes weekends and/or holidays.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
* Ability to stand for extended periods of time, able to work in a confined area with walk in cooler/freezers, continuous bending, reaching possibly above shoulders, twisting, kneeling, pushing, use of hands and wrist, arms, and legs, grasping/squeezing, and continuous repetitive motions.
* May include exposure to nuts, dairy products, fruits, and vegetables.
* May work on or around moving machinery or moving parts; may include vibration.